Sunday, August 23, 2009

European Fashion

Okay, so during my stay in London and my short jaunt to Madrid, I've noticed two ridiculous trends. I have to say, there is one I like, I'll make it more clear as I go along.
The mullet, I've heard about it still being big in Europe, I've even heard that there are some places where it never went out of style, but seriously the amount of mullets I've seen, especially in Spain, was outstanding. I stared each time, lo sientos.

The next is parachute pants, or salwar kameez pants for us brown people, or hammer pants for anyone still stuck in the late 80s or who thinks the early 90s is cool (por que????)

Anyway, all these people wear them, the crotch is really low on most of them, some of them don't look so bad when it's a little more in line with natural body shape, but the one cool thing about it is everyone looks equally frumpy (I'm kind of a big fan of the frump.)

So... basically, europeans are weird, but I'm sure in about a year we'll be copying them here in "the states". Bahh...
Miss you America,
Kastoory

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting my mullet cut this week

clanchatti said...

I noticed the exact same two things this summer in Europe.

Anonymous said...

Comme des Garcons has been making some pants like that recently, they even made some for the H&M colab.

Anonymous said...

there are mullets everywhere in europe, it's seriously scary