Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spotlight



Scribbling half stoned poetry in the hood got me by until I met Susan Shapiro. Her intense drive and blunt, honest critique woke me up and got me published. She is a star at making people realize their potential, as well as a sharp, witty and darkly analytical author. Whether lamenting lost loves or digging into her past addictions Shapiro never fails to inspire and motivate me. This month, my mentor is heating up the summer and sharing her words and wisdom with all at these energizing events.

SELL YOUR FIRST BOOK SEMINAR
Sunday July 26 from 2-8 pm $175
with Delacorte editor Danielle Perez
& literary agent Ryan Fischer-Harbage
in Greenwich Village. For more info
email:ProfSue123@aol.com

FREE SHRINKS ARE AWAY READING
with Ian Frazier & Patricia Marx & Jon Fast
Tuesday night August 4 at 7 pm
at McNally Jackson Booksellers in Soho
52 Prince Street (at Mulberry Street)
Cupcake reception to follow

FREE SECRETS OF PUBLISHING PANEL
moderated by Susan Shapiro
with NY Times editor Frank Flaherty,
Self editor Paula Derrow &
Random House & St. Martin book editors
agent Brandi Bowles & PR guru Barb Burg
Wednesday night August 5 at 7 pm
at the Time Warner Borders Books
Columbus Circle & 59th Street

-Royal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue is amazing, and I'm so glad you wrote about her. So excited to read Speed Shrinking!

Anonymous said...

I want to get published too!!