Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stress Relief (better than Xanax)

So lately, as the temperatures finally rise, so do our stress levels. I see people screaming at each other in the street, and hear exasperated sighs over the blaring of my headphones. The past week everyone has been downright pugnacious, it seems. Fights start out over an accidental gaze, a dismissive gesture, some badly said words. More than ever I want to lay in the ocean and float away somewhere kinder, you know, a place where everyone radiates peace and calm.
But until then I have other sneaky little devices, including smells and sights and sounds to keep my stress from choking the life out of me. For me, the best medicine is laughing, laughing so hard that I almost "lizz" a little. (To Lizz is to Laugh and Whiz your pants at the same time, thanks 30 Rock.)

1) A friend just started a blog about her serious bout of Anglophilia, and this Orgasm a Day piece made sense of her anglophilia to me.

2) I watched this movie after the longest, stress-iest day ever, and it made me so, so, so happy. Serious camp-fest, and watching it with hilarious boys I rarely get to hang out with made it even better. Quote of the night was when my-brother-from-another-mother-but-not-literally said, "I think I can speak Norwegian, it's sort of like mumbling in English."


What's keeping you stress-free and happy?

-Kastoory

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walking long and far, sweating it out

Anonymous said...

this is amazing! i saw this trailer months ago, but now it's here? where did you see it???

Anonymous said...

"fortune and glory kid"

Anonymous said...

being outside when its actually hot is keeping me pretty stress free and happy!

Anonymous said...

Films

Strong Island said...

Is def tha cure