Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Best And Only Way To Keep Up With NYC Fashion Trends


The crown jewel of the New York Times video empire must surely be your adorable fashion-obsessed grandfather, Bill Cunningham.

From an autobiographical essay:
I just loved to see wonderfully dressed women, and I still do. That's all there is to it.


Here is how the videos are made:

1. Bill Cunningham goes out with his camera and takes pictures of whatever NYC fashion trend is exciting him that month
2. A video intern at the NY Times takes Bill's favorite pictures and lays them down on a video track
3. Bill Cunningham narrates the slideshow with all the enthusiasm of a teenage girl
4. You LOL !AND! learn about NYCs current fashion trends

Unfortunately, the NY Times disables embedding of his videos, so you'll have to go to YouTube or the NY Times website to watch them, but he is amazing. I've been watching his videos for a couple years now, and the novelty never wears off. Bill Cunningham is my #1 source for street fashion photography.

He's actually inspired me to start taking fashion photos of the street... Which I'll start posting a little later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love reading his column, I'll have to check out the videos.